Do you need to save a list of your contacts so you can view them later? Do you want to send out a targeted email announcing a new product? If so, use Dynamic Groups.
I recently worked with Jennifer Leon of StrategicAR. She needed to send out a mass email to a list of her customers that use a specific billing software of theirs and that have email addresses. I showed her how to use Dynamic Groups. These are the steps I showed her:
From the Group view, click Group, New Group or click the New Group icon and give your group a name.
- Click the Contacts tab.
- Click Add/Remove Contacts.
- In the Add/Remove Contacts dialog box, under Dynamic members,click Edit Criteria.
In the dialog box that appears, do the following:
- In the Field Name field, select the field containing the value you are looking for.
- In the Operator field, select equal to, contains data or any one of the other options from the list.
- In the Value field, select the value stored in the field you’re looking for or type the value.
- Click Add to list. The criteria appears in the center pane.
- To preview the contacts who will be included, click Preview.
- To add criteria, repeat steps.
- When you are finished creating criteria, click OK.
“Wow!” she said. “This is so much faster and it keeps the list accurate for my Swiftpage e-marketing efforts.”
Other ideas for Dynamic Groups: Create a group of your customers that reside in different states within a region. When the address changes for one of the customers, for example, they move out of a state in the region, that customer is automatically removed from the group. (Tip – use OR and not AND to add multiple states to the same region)
I trust you’ll find many more ways to use Dynamic Groups!